Is this indicated for you ?
To participate in this program, you must meet these requirements :
- be over the age of 18, otherwise you must have the consent of one of your parents
- have a body mass index (BMI) greater than 28, greater than 40 in case of refusal of obesity surgery or greater than 50 to allow a reduction in weight facilitating the surgical procedure
- be prepared to comply with the program under medical supervision.
However, there may be certain medical conditions that could justify refusing your participation in the intragastric balloon program. Among these conditions :
- Major hiatal hernia or gastric ulcer
- a history of heavy abdominal surgery
- a chronic bowel disease such as Crohn’s disease
Make an appointment