Is the gastric balloon indicated for you?
To participate in this program, you must meet these requirements:
- be over 18 years old, otherwise you must have the consent of one of your parents;
- have a body mass index (BMI) greater than 27, greater than 40 in case of refusal of obesity surgery or greater than 50 to allow a reduction in weight facilitating the surgical procedure;
- be ready to comply with the program under medical supervision.
However, certain medical conditions could motivate the refusal of your participation in the intragastric balloon program.
Among these conditions, we note:
- An important hiatal hernia or gastric ulcer;
- history of heavy abdominal surgery;
- chronic bowel disease such as Crohn’s disease;
- a pregnancy.